Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

November 04, 2007

father's day misconception

With two children under three running her ragged and being nagged by her husband Troy to lose a bit of weight and get her act together Claudia couldn't believe her bad luck when she discovered she was pregnant again. How could this be?

"Since the last child's birth Troy and I had only had sex twice," sighs Claudia, "and both times I hated it and just did it to please him."

"Troy had used a condom both times - I made sure he did - and either he didn't put it on properly the last time we had sex or it was a dud condom."

"Ironically, the last time we had sex was on Father's Day. Troy had been in a bad mood because the kids had been playing up and I suppose he used sex to vent his frustrations on me."

"Either way I was the loser," sighs Claudia. "The last thing I needed was another baby on my hands, and when I told Troy I was pregnant he wasn't happy either - actually he was angry at me. As if it was my fault!"

"Things got very tense at home after that - and Troy was staying out later and later to avoid me," says Claudia.

"Our marriage was virtually on the rocks and I was trapped - and this new baby was going to get me further into a state of physical and mental wreckage than I was already."

"This baby had not been conceived out of love and passion like the other two children," says Claudia, " and I felt terrible about bringing an unwanted child into the world."

"As if to acknowledge its misconception that poor soul aborted itself," sighs Claudia.

"When I was nearly three months pregnant I started bleeding heavily and had to be rushed to hospital."

"Troy just dumped me at the door of the hospital and took off with the kids," explains Claudia, "and I had to face the ordeal ahead of me on my own."

"I was lying on the pre-op bed crying helplessly when a male nurse came in and said he had to shave me."

"The utter powerlessness of my situation was now complete."

"A selfish husband had forced himself on me and made me pregnant - and now a strange male nurse was going to shave my pubic area so that a male doctor could perform a curette and rid me of the fetus that the selfish husband had created."

"After the curette, I called Troy and I waited outside the hospital until he arrived."

"We went home in silence - only the kids were chatting - and after a few hours of sleep I got up and went about my normal duties."

"If this is as good as it gets then that poor misconceived soul was smart to opt out of such a cruel and miserable life."

Claudia's story first appeared as misconception and miscarriage and is reprinted with permission.

Labels: , , , ,