Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

August 14, 2010

wives and moms are property?


Ronnie’s ex-husband was grossly possessive, and the last thing she expected after divorce was his attitude to be inherited by their daughters who, like her husband, treated her like property.
.
"With their father's encouragement, my daughters became determined to bring his abuse back into my life," says Ronnie. "They felt, like he did, that I had no right and no power to end the marriage - I 'belonged' to their father, I was his 'property' and, indeed, their 'property', too."

"If my kids expected me to stay married to their father and keep a home for them for rest of their lives then they're living in cloud cuckoo land," laughs Ronnie, “and for them to play the 'victim' in this situation is so ridiculous that I wonder what on earth they teach kids in schools and colleges today.”

“I gave my kids a far better start to life than I had, and if in doing that I set them up to expect too much then that’s something I need to put them right about quick smart.”

"Unlike the massive inconvenience my parent's divorce caused me," explains Ronnie, "my divorce did not inconvenience my children at all, most especially my eldest daughter who was already an adult of 18 when I told her father either he leaves or I will, and thankfully he did otherwise there would have been a big change of residence to really inconvenience her."

"If my eldest daughter harbors 'pain' about the divorce and considers herself a 'victim', then it emerged from her continuing relationship with him," claims Ronnie. "It is something she needs to resolve with her father, not me. When he left, a pall of misery lifted from the house and she was as happy as I was."

"My daughters and I enjoyed a great relationship until three months after the divorce when I found a boyfriend and then all hell broke loose," explains Ronnie. "It never bothered them or me that their father was sexually involved with other women. It bothered both of them, however, when I sought a loving relationship."

Read more about Ronnie:


  • broken home victims?
  • adult kids rake up the past
  • family punishment

  • Labels: , , , , ,