Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

June 11, 2011

a wounded, divided life


Delores, 48, has been separated from an abusive husband for five months and has been doing her best to hold down a customer service job and keep her private life out of her working life, but the more she tries to divide herself the less she is able to achieve her intention.

“I just can’t help myself at times,” confides Delores. “I am crying one minute then being rude the next and not only were customers being shocked by my erratic behavior but also my co-workers.”

“I was inadvertently taking out all of my frustration on everyone around me at work,” confesses Delores, “but it was the arrival of my estranged husband at my workplace that was the last straw.”

“We had a ferocious argument, I was screaming and crying and he was hurling abuse at me and shoving me around,” explains Delores. “The police were called and I was asked to take time off to get myself together.”

“I took the rest of the week off and really tried hard to calm down and get my life back together,” says Delores, “but since returning to work I can’t help noticing that co-workers are avoiding me – and I don’t blame them.”

“I guess younger women involved with similarly violent men are not yet old enough to have experienced the incredible pressure required for the monumental blow up that they saw me have with my estranged husband.”


Read more by Delores on this situation:

  • mad cows

  • menopausal mad cow

  • Sad sacks at work

  • mad old cows at work






  • Labels: , , , , , , , , ,