Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

August 30, 2012

swim in a sea of love

Venus’ marriage broke up after she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and her recovery from both a failed marriage and cancer treatment was made so much easier by meeting a man who allowed her to swim in a sea of love.

“Lyle was recovering from prostate cancer – which made him impotent – and a supportive friendship soon blossomed into an amazing loving union,” explains Venus.

"Sure, he could have used any manner of pills and contraptions to get an erection," explains Venus, "but it wouldn't have been right. It wouldn't have been natural."

"I didn't want to make myself artificial any more than Lyle did."

"It's difficult for anyone accustomed to normal sex to imagine how sensuous sex can be without the normal attention paid to breasts and a penis," says Venus, "but believe me it is mind blowing."

"We concentrate on other areas of our bodies and I've discovered ecstasy points that I never knew existed!"

"As for the kissing," smiles Venus, "it is something we always dream of with a man - but they are always so intent upon getting on to the real business of sex that they never perfect the art of lip contact."

"Lyle can kiss for hours and sometimes I have to stop in order to get some breathing space!"

"I told him once that I needed a snorkel and the next day he went out and bought one for me," laughs Venus. "We are so happy together - and good for each other - than I can't believe that we have both recently experienced major surgery and body losses."

Read more about Venus:


  • cancer, separation then love
  • I am not a pair of breasts