Marital Matters

Personal stories about marital matters and separation issues.

September 09, 2012

cashing in on husband's name

Rhoda doesn’t see anything wrong with the Duchess of York's attempt to make an independent living out of using her former husband, Prince Andrew, the Queen's second son, as a lure – with or without his knowledge – because she, too, cashes in on her ex’s family name in order to attract investors and clients for her niche catering business.

“Unfortunately, my ex’s family name is not as famous as Fergie’s,” laughs Rhoda, “so I can’t pull a cool £500,000 for handling an event like she tried to do, but I do okay and it’s all above-board, too.”

“The success of my business is due entirely to my retaining my married name after divorce,” explains Rhoda. “It works because I remain reasonably friendly with my ex and his family, and they helped to set me up in my niche catering business as a means, I suppose, of shutting me up and keeping me busy.”

“They move in high circles and have a never ending supply of rich clients which they push my way when catering needs to be done,” explains Rhoda. “I’m a Cordon Bleu chef, but of course I don’t do any of the food preparation myself. I manage the business and liaise with clients who are fascinated by my past relationship with such a prominent family.”

“I was star struck when I first realized who Evan was – or, more importantly who his parents were,” laughs Rhoda. “I can admit now that I was more in love with the status that marrying him gave me than with him as a person – and I think Fergie fell into the same trap.”

“Unlike her, though, I wasn’t unfaithful and I didn’t go in for toe-sucking,” laughs Rhoda, “and I have a head for business and ethics that poor Sarah Ferguson lacks big time.”

“I don’t believe she’s hard-up financially,” says Rhoda. “I think she’s just greedy and grubby and way out of her league in trying to set herself up as a business intermediary.”

“There’s nothing shameless about using the family name to make money – it’s the way she’s gone about it that’s tacky.”

See also:

Will Fergie and Andy Remarry?

Marriage or Emigration for Fergie?

Mother of the Year?

Fergie’s chutzpah survival

what's next for Fergie?

How free is Fergie?

Oprah tops Fergie’s retirement pot

Fergie Flouts Family

Fergie and the global gravy train

Greedy Fergie!

Fergie smokes, so what?

Homeless Fergie?

Fergie’s £15,000 pa was a lousy settlement

Fergie’s menopausal mania

star struck Fergie

cashing in on the family Fergie style!

Fergie’s broken homes

Is Fergie reliving her childhood?

a foghorn for silent whispers

Sarah Ferguson’s Libran Balance

Age Secrets of Prince Andrew

Age Secrets of Sarah Ferguson

Andrew and Sarah, Duke and Duchess of York